Composite (Tooth Colored) Fillings
Resin composite fillings are the tooth colored fillings that are done as an alternative to amalgam fillings (silver colored). They are also the most popular choice for fillings by most patients because they are almost unnoticeable, because of their ability to closely match the patients own tooth color.
How Its Done
* The effected area of decay is excavated to remove any and all decayed tooth material.
* The prepared site is then treated with an acid to etch and roughen the surface for proper adhereance of the resin filling.
* A bonding agent is applied to the etched surface to greatly enhance the bond strength between the resin material and the tooth surface.
* The proper colored resin material is incrementally added in various layers and cured using a special, high intensity curing light, in order to harden the resin material.
* Proper tooth contours are created and the occlusion (bite) is tested and adjusted followed by smoothing and polishing.
Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel, and the tooth is protected!